Monday, July 2, 2012

Packing tips


On the first long trip I took with one of my friends I discovered we had polar opposite ways packing for trips. She was surprised to see I had pre-planned all of my outfits while she planned them out throughout the trip. I've always found it helpful to be extremely organized while packing for trips, I just feel like it makes the entire process so much more smooth.

So here are just a few of my personal packing tips that have become habitual for me and maybe they can help you on your next getaway.

1. Pre-plan all of your outfits. I cannot stress this enough, it's such a time and space saver on your vacation. I know it's impossible to know everything you'll be doing but you can kind of predict depending on where you're going (i.e. summer vacation to Mexico, short weekend trip to see family, etc.)

2. Always pack at least one pair of flats and one pair of heel/wedges in a neutral color. You'll want to be comfortable but at the same time prepared for any surprise outing with friends and having both a heel or wedges in a neutral color makes it easier to having to pack more shoes (which can weigh a lot and take up tons of precious space)!

3. Pack a hat. Doesn't matter what type of hat, but it will help toward the end of the trip when your hair isn't looking like it should or maybe you want to look slightly different in some pictures.

4. Make sure to take one pair of shorts, one pair of jeans, and one skirt. With these bottoms you should be good for an entire week (day and night). You can alternate all three between day and night and they don't have to be denim, actually preferably not, that way they take up less space in your luggage.

5. Take one statement piece of jewelry, either a bracelet or a necklace to quickly fancy up any outfit without packing your entire jewelry stash!

And last but not least, remember to have fun. This list is by no means all inclusive but this is the foundation of a vacation wardrobe no matter where you're going!

image via

No comments: